Make Information Governance Work : Best Practices, Step-by-Step Tasks, and Detailed Deliverables
Most enterprises recognize the crucial importance of effective information governance. However, few are satisfied with the value of their efforts to date. Information governance is difficult because it is a pervasive function, touching multiple processes, systems, and stakeholders. Fortunately, there are best practices that work. Now, a leading expert in the field offers a complete, step-by-step guide to successfully governing information in your organization.
Using case studies and hands-on activities, Anthony Giordano fully illuminates the “who, what, how, and when” of information governance. He explains how core governance components link with other enterprise information management disciplines, and provides workable “job descriptions” for each project participant.
Giordano helps you successfully integrate key data stewardship processes as you develop large-scale applications and Master Data Management (MDM) environments. Then, once you’ve deployed an information asset, he shows how to consistently get reliable regulatory and financial information from it.
Performing Information Governance will be indispensable to CIOs and Chief Data Officers…data quality, metadata, and MDM specialists…anyone responsible for making information governance work.
- Recognizing the hidden development and operational implications of information governance—and why it needs to be integrated in the broader organization
- Integrating information governance activities with transactional processing, BI, MDM, and other enterprise information management functions
- Establishing the information governance organization: defining roles, launching projects, and integrating with ongoing operations
- Performing information governance in transactional projects, including those using agile methods and COTS products
- Bringing stronger information governance to MDM: strategy, architecture, development, and beyond
- Governing information throughout your BI or Big Data project lifecycle
- Effectively performing ongoing information governance and data stewardship operational processes
- Auditing and enforcing data quality management in the context of enterprise information management
- Maintaining and evolving metadata management for maximum business value